1.5 lb Pork Butt
1 lb Beef
1/2 lb Fatback
1/2 lb Crushed ice
1 oz Salt
1/4 oz Dextrose
1/4 oz Ground White Pepper
1/2 t Dry Mustard
1/2 t Garlic Powder
1/2 t Cayenne
1oz DMS (Dry Milk Solids)
- Separately cut all meats and fat into cubes for grinding.
- Toss pork with ½ of the cure mix and chill. Grind on large die.
- Toss beef with remaining spice cure and chill. Grind on fine die.
- Grind fatback on fine die.
- Transfer beef to a chilled chopper bowl adding the ice.
- Process ingredients until it reaches 30F.
- Continue running the machine until it reaches 40F.
- Add fatback and process until it reaches 45F.
- Add the DMS and process until it reaches 58F.
- Fold pork garnishes into sausage via mixer or by hand over an ice bath.
- Once stuffed hot smoke at 200F internal temp of 150F.
- Rapid cool sausages.