Thanksgiving Chef Recipe: Smoked Oyster & Country Ham Cornbread Stuffing
“This is a riff on the oyster stuffing that my mom used to make us for Thanksgiving and I make it now to remind me of her. She sparked the fire that became my passion for cooking and I really enjoy making this dish as a sort of homage to her.” – Executive Chef Jeff Dailey
Trying one of this recipe at-home? Share with us on social by using hashtags #AVery21cThanksgiving and #CookingWith21c
- 6oz Smoked Oysters (optional)
- 6oz Country Ham, diced
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup carrot, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cups cornbread, cubed and toasted
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- kosher salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Start out by sweating the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in a large saute pan with the olive oil. Cook over medium heat with a pinch of salt until translucent.
- Once cooked, transfer to a large mixing bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well to combine and let it soak for 1 hour. While soaking, shuck oysters.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish that has either been greased with butter or sprayed with pan spray. Cover will foil and bake for 30 min. Take off the foil and raise the oven temp to 400 and bake for another 20 minutes. Garnish with oyster. Serve immediately.